The 2002 Bus Group
You are not logged in! Why not log in our join our growing community today!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The 2002 Bus Group
You are not logged in! Why not log in our join our growing community today!
The 2002 Bus Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knowsley Bus Review

3 posters

Go down

Knowsley Bus Review Empty Knowsley Bus Review

Post by Y961 XBU Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 am

Merseytravel are doing a Knowsley Bus Review with passengers able to have their say until 18th Dec

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/Pages/Knowsley-Bus-Review.aspx

Y961 XBU
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCii_NHbO10XCESQYQDMpIuA

Back to top Go down

Knowsley Bus Review Empty Re: Knowsley Bus Review

Post by Quackdave Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Let's hope they do something about the frankly very silly numbering of the 166/188/266/288 group of services!

Since the weekday daytime service was split into two separate halves, we now effectively have:

• A Belle Vale to Halewood via Garston service, which has no fewer than four different numbers for exactly the same route;
  • A Belle Vale to Halewood via Netherley service, which runs via four different routes, and has four different numbers - but the four different numbers do not correspond to the four different variations of the route!

Whilst this is a commercial service - and it was presumably HTL's decision to retain those numbers, even though they are no longer appropriate - Merseytravel make it even worse by presenting each direction as two separate hourly services in their timetable leaflet/PDF.

Really, there ought to be a single number covering ALL of the identical Belle Vale - Garston - Halewood services, ideally the same for both directions; and then four different numbers for the Belle Vale - Netherley - Halewood journeys, each covering both directions for one of the four variations:

• Naylorsfield Drive and Church Road
  • Naylorsfield Drive and Okell Drive
  • Garden Lodge Drive and Church Road
  • Garden Lodge Drive and Okell Drive

I don't know if there's still any justification for the different routeing of the Saturday services, as it's a while since I've used them.  It would be neater if they could be the same, and from what I recall, this kind of simplification is one of the stated aims of the reviews.  But sorting out the weekday numbering would be a good start!

Quackdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Y961 XBU Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm

With it being commercial i would be surprised if its changed, Saying that i am surprised there is a Knowsley Bus review as most services have already been looked at as part of the Kirkby & Liverpool Bus reviews!

Y961 XBU
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCii_NHbO10XCESQYQDMpIuA

Back to top Go down

Post by St Helens Rider Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm

These reviews are all well and good but what happens when an operator commercially changes a route which Merseytravel had previously made the evening and Sunday variant identical. An example of this is the 140 & 141 in St Helens. The daytime routes are now different from the Evening & Sunday contract. Surely either the commercial daytime or the contracted service should be renumbered to avoid confusion.

St Helens Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum